Thursday, May 22, 2014

With A Song In My Heart






KIDZ KORNER









I love to sing.  I’m not very good at it but that never seemed to bother my students or my own kids.  We sang a lot. In Kindergarten we started the day with a song.  Try these books which are based on songs.

Over In the Meadow by Olive A Wadsworth


Mother animals and their babies are depicted in this story doing what they do best.  It is a lovely book with a lovely sentiment.  I would read this book to any child, even my baby.


Five Little Ducks by Pamela Paparone


Five little ducks go out to play and when mother duck calls them only some come back. It’s great for counting down and you can make up hand motions to go with it. I would read this book to any child, even my baby.  (See where I’m going with this yet?)

She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain by Jonathon Emmett


An old favorite that all kids love and we all know the motions that go with it!  I liked the lively pictures in this book.  I would read this book to any child, even my baby.

Old MacDonald by Amy Schwartz


Again, a classic song made into a book.  The animals are great and the sounds are ones the kids love.  Let yourself go and snort like a pig and moo like a cow as you read.  I would read this book to any child, even my baby.


They say that music soothes the savage beast.  Well, I don’t know about that but it sure calms down kids and makes them happy.  You can see I am a strong song supporter from the day a baby is born! 
So until next week keep on singing and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment