Monday, May 12, 2014

Hidden by M. Lathan









RATED 4.5 STARS










Most teens are trying to find themselves but Leah Grant has more trouble than most.  She hates her school where she is harassed by the “cool” girls and spends a lot of time alone and worrying that she isn’t good.  She fights to control the feelings she has when she wants to hurt someone.
When she finally can’t take anymore she summons up her power and is suddenly whisked away by a friendly, elderly witch.  Sophia takes Leah to her home and tells her that her name is not Leah but Christine and that she is very special indeed.  Sophia’s home is filled with four other special kids and Christine begins to think she is not so weird after all.
She makes friends with Nathan first and then Emma and Paul but Remi who has a special if scary ability seems to be her sworn enemy.
The entire story is filled with surprises galore for Christine (now called Chris) and none of them seem good.
I’m not going to reveal any more details as I feel it would spoil your enjoyment of the book.
I really liked the character of Leah once she stopped being socially backward.  I could understand her strong desire to understand herself and her wonder of all the things that were presented to her by Sophia.  Her romance with Nathan was sweet and based on friendship first.
Nathan was a helpful friend at first but the relationship between him and Chris grew to be a tender love.
The story was filled with twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat.  I had a little trouble believing all the special talents that people kept hidden away but once I suspended my disbelief, I really enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more.


This is a good book for teens who enjoy adventure paired with the paranormal.

No comments:

Post a Comment