Friday, May 16, 2014

STARS

I think there needs to be some clarification about what stars mean on my blog and possibly other blogs.  I won't give a book less than three stars on my blog.  I don't do 1 or 2 stars because it seems counterproductive.  I want to recommend books that my readers might really want to read.
If I give a book three stars it means I liked it.  If I give a book four stars it means I really liked it.
If I give a book 5 stars then I loved it.
Remember, too, this is just my opinion.  How many books have friends recommended to  you that you ended up hating?  I know I've had a few myself!  Or how about a movie that a reviewer hated and you loved?  It happens all the time.
If you keep reading my blog, you will get to know my taste and it might match up to yours.  If it doesn't at least you'll know the kind of books to avoid!!  I think we owe it to ourselves to try out things we think we won't like.  I learned that since I started this blog.  I've ended up really liking books I thought I wouldn't.
Anyway, readers and authors, just know that I give every book a fair shake and stars are just a guideline.  If it sounds good to you, go for it.  If you wrote it, you know you did your best to tell your story so just be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment