Thursday, March 19, 2015

Something Old, Something New

I was looking at Scholastic's top 100 books for children and some of them caught my eye.  Some were new to me and some were old favorites.  Thought I'd cull the list and find the ones I wanted to share with you.

First Words  A Bright Baby book

Another winner for your littlest one.  Introduce common words with the pictures.

Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein
The title grabbed me and the cover picture sold me.  All about a chicken who likes to tell its own story.

An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Aston

Over 60 kinds of eggs are shown in this nonfiction book with beautiful illustrations.

The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pikey
A relucutant boy reader?  Well, who could resist Captain Underpants?  .

There's a good reason each of these books is in the top 100.  So try them and until next week, keep on reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment